Delivery of additional 15 Hours Funding for 3 and 4 Year olds
Working parents/carers of 3 and 4 year olds may be eligible for a further 15 hours free childcare in addition to the existing free 15 hours early education entitlement, if they meet certain criteria. From 1st September 2017, providers across the UK will be able to start to offer the additional 15 hours childcare for eligible parents/carers where they have the space to do so. There is an online eligibility checker through the HMRC. You can sign up via the following link to keep you updated.
Eligibility will be checked by HMRC and will be based on actual income earned. There will be a short grace period so that if parents lose their jobs, they do not automatically lose their childcare entitlement. Eligibility needs to be reconfirmed every 3 months by the parent to ensure they do not full out of eligibilty.
Parents will be able to apply for both the 30-hour scheme and the Tax-Free Childcare scheme through a joint online application being developed by HMRC, as the eligibility requirements for both schemes are aligned.
The eligibility criteria will be as follows:
- I am a lone working parent who earns on average a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage (NMW for parents under 25) or national living wage (NLW) and less than £100 000 per year.
- Both parents are working and each parent earns on average a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage (NMW) or national living wage (NLW) and less than £100 000 per year.
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental/ maternity or paternity leave.
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on adoption leave
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay
- One parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities and is in receipt of Carers' allowance
- One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits (Incapacity benefit / Severe disablement allowance/Long term incapacity benefit/ Employment and Support allowance or National Insurance credits on the grounds of incapacity for work or limited capability for work.
If you are eligible for the extended entitlement, you can take up to 1140 hours free childcare across the year. This can be taken term time only or ‘stretched’ across the year at Scallywags Day Nursery only.
If you have any further questions regarding the funding please ring Clare on 07803 700 799.